10.13.2009

Displaying in Schenectady


Yesterday, I headed over to Ambition Cafe on Jay St. in Schenectady, NY to hang up six pieces of my artwork on the main wall. It took about twenty minutes, since I had to take down the last artist's work (which was seven beautiful watercolors, I forgot her name). Thankfully, I had my wonderful boyfriend Paul to help me out; otherwise, I might have gotten all clumsy and fallen off a table or something. It's really exciting for me to have my work on display...this is the first time since high school that I've had a public exhibition of my paintings. (When I was in high school, I was part of a county-wide high school art show at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, MA.) All of the paintings I have on display at Ambition are for sale, with prices ranging from $250 to $500, and it would be incredible to sell one! :-D Hopefully, at the least, people will enjoy them while they're sipping the delicious coffee or eating a tasty sandwich at the cafe.


Today, I am working on a logo for LaurenLiz Designs. I've got a couple ideas, but am not sure which one to stick with. I'm so indecisive!


Happy Autumn everyone!

No comments: