5.14.2010

Fun With Markers in Sassy J's Room

A couple weeks ago, my friend Sassy J told me that she was painting her room in a brilliant red and bright orange because she wanted an Indian-inspired motif. And since I can't keep my nose out of artsy things (and because she let me), I used gold paint markers to do Indian/henna-type designs on her bookshelf and nightstand drawer face. She also loves elephants, so I did some elephant silhouettes in gold on her door. I'm hoping she lets me go all-out again, because it was 3 hours of fun for me, and I still have loads of ideas for her room, some of which include fake gems that you can get at a craft store. I'm pretty sure that gems are a brilliant idea --though Sassy J didn't seem so keen on it, so we'll see. Maybe I'll do a border of elephant silhouettes around her room if I have the time and she lets me. Here are some photos of what I did.




No comments: