6.11.2010

Are you Man....or Fish?

Well it's taken me about 5 months, but I've finally finished another piece, entitled "man.or.fish" -- it's acrylic/shattered mirror on canvas. The size is 24" x 48" (2 ft x 4 ft), and is my largest one to date. I'm thinking it probably would have taken me less time if I had made myself work on it more often, but I'm satisfied with it and happy that it's done. These last few weeks I have really pushed myself to finish it, and I'm glad I did. The inspiration for the piece came from a doodle I did while hanging with the bf and the words "Are you man or fish?" just sort of came to me. I guess it's like "are you man or mouse?" ...except, of course, with fish. I think fish are lovely and I've never done them in a painting before. These ones are loosely based on koi fish, and if I was to do another painting with fish, I think I'd shoot for something shaped more like a rainbow trout (those are gorgeous, as far as fish go).

Below is a view of the entire painting, and then some detail shots. I also set up the "photo shoot" according to research I've done about shooting your own work if you're too poor to hire a professional photographer, so I hope these are acceptable for now, because I'm broke.




No comments: